Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe
“I hold these pages, words of Sarah Mae’s and Sally’s, that are a gift to every mother, that welcome mothers everywhere out of hiding and loneliness and into a fellowship of sisters and mentors, that will make you feel not alone, that will make you feel that there is real God-given hope.”
Ann Voskamp, New York Times best-selling author of One Thousand Gifts
“I just can’t be a mother today.”
If you’ve ever whispered those words to God in quiet desperation, you are not alone.
Desperate is for those who love their children to the depths of their souls but who have also curled up under their covers, fighting back tears, and begging God for help. It’s for those who have ever wondered what happened to all their ideals for what having children would be like. For those who have ever felt like all the “experts” have clearly never had a child like theirs. For those who have prayed for a mentor. For those who ever felt lost and alone in motherhood.
In Desperate you will find the story of one young mother’s honest account of the desperate feelings experienced in motherhood and one experienced mentor’s realistic and gentle exhortations that were forged in the trenches of raising her own four children.
It is our prayer that reading Desperate will leave you soul-filled, refreshed, and hopeful.
What You Will Find in Desperate
- The perspectives of an younger women going through the little years, and an older woman who has raised her children well
- QR codes and links at the end of each chapter that lead to videos with Sarah Mae and Sally talking about the chapter
- A friend who so understands those “hide me in closet” moments
- Practical steps to take during the desperate times
- Bible study and journal exercises in each chapter that will lead you to identify ways in which you can grow as a mom
- Mentoring advice for real-life situations
- Q & A section with Sally where she answers readers questions
The Desperate Small Group Guide
Get some friends together to read Desperate! We've done the work for you with this free small group guide. Click on the button below to download it for free!
No More Desperate Moms Resolution
Hang this beautiful printable up to remind yourself that you are aren't alone and moms everywhere need help and encouragement. Let's be for each other!