Day 12 – Begin the Bedrooms! #31DaysToClean
Sweet Care's night standToday on the docket we begin...BEDROOMS! Again, this is another one of those challenges that is tricky because of how many bedrooms one might have. We have four bedrooms in my home, three for the babes and one for my husband and I. We are going to split bedrooms into seven days days of clean-up (which includes closets). If you need more time than that, plan accordingly (a weekend cleaning day, perhaps?). If you need less time, use the days off to bake. Obviously. I'm beginning with my youngest child's room. I'm not going to post pictures of their bedrooms online because that just creeps me out, but I'll post little up close snapshots. Here’s the plan: Tackle the kids bedrooms first, enlisting their help or having them do it if they’re old enough.
- Put all the dirty clothes into a laundry basket and all the clean clothes (why are there clean clothes on the floor?!) on the bed
- Put all toys and books and junk on the bed
- Pick up all the trash and throw it out! You should now have nothing on the floor
- Pull things off any unordered, disheveled shelves and off the top of dressers
- Clean the shelves and surfaces
- Put the clean clothes away
- Put the books away
- Put the toys or other things away
- If you or your child has a desk, go ahead and get that cleaned up (if they have a desk that is messy, they are probably old enough to clean it by themselves)
- Vacuum or sweep the floor
- Bonus Tip! Have your child go through their toys and pick only 20 things to keep (Legos count as one thing). Seriously. I promise you and your child’s sanity will thank me. Also, your child will be less overwhelmed when it comes to keeping their bedroom clean.Less stuff equals less work, less stress, and more order!
After Pics!All clean!
The Online Friends Who Clean Together, Stay Together
Or something like that.
If you want to join the challenge using your social media channels, use the hashtag #31DaysToClean. I'll be posting updates on my Facebook page, Instagram account, and Twitter account! Also, if you are blogging through the challenge, feel free to leave the direct link to your blog post in the comments!
Love, SMClick HERE to see all the posts in this series!